Monday, August 11, 2014

What I've done in class for 4 weeks

8.11
So I have been sick for 1 and a half week and completely lost track for another few weeks
but I'll blog my processes before it is too late :)

This is what I've done in class to help me develop my ideas.
I have other researches done in my workbook.

My topic that I've chosen for my poster is Anti-voting.
I thought It will be interesting to see some new ideas..

I came across looking at the videos 
from Russell Brand(con), Tony Benn(pro).
It was interesting to see that Tony Benn(pro) mentioned 
that we have no power so we have to use their system in order to control governments.
also he mentioned the difference between people who can't vote and who don't vote.
If we have right he said we have to vote.

In contrast Russell Brand(con) speaks in a weak point of view.
Russell mentions that the politics doesn't help the weak.
He says society is full of fake and they lie.
He says we have to face reality and change society by ourselves.


they are both good speakers but they have weak points in their debate.
Between Benn(pro)'s video he says that the system is designed for the majority not for minors. That is the best that they can do as a human.
This also tells that If majority doesn't get affected they will not change politics for minor people.
Brand(con)'s debate was passionate but it was swayed towards emotion more.
What he said is true nothing changes for minors so they have to do it by themselves.
But everyone are humans therefore no one knows future.
Therefore governments could make a change further on.
but in order to make it happen someone will have to vote.

I'm not saying they are wrong their video was great :)

From this point I've searched some images to reference and develop my idea




Most of this posters and campaigns are pro. 
They rely on civilians trust and they are asking us to vote.
poster for con doesn't have much proof to say voting is bad too.
From this point we see that this topic on voting is in grey area more than B&W.
than i tried to come up with quotation.

This random input helped me to start designing my poster.
The idea that i'm going for is ..

Voting is a bridge to nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment